Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What I've been up to lately


I bet you all thought I fell off the face of the earth! I'm alive and well and have been working really hard lately. Not on crafty stuff which of course is my passion but I recently started working as a lab tech at a local wine making facility. I live on the Central Coast of California where vineyards and wineries abound and I have always wanted to learn more about the industry. I got my wish! Right now is harvest season and I'm up to my elbows (literally) in grapes! Local vineyards bring in their grapes for us to test the sugar levels to see if their vines are ready to harvest. We hand crush those samples for them, and whenever I do, I'm reminded of that I Love Lucy episode where Lucy works in the wine vat and gets in a grape fight. Too funny! Here is the link on youTube for a good laugh! I'm really enjoying my job, however I have been working seven days a week lately and it doesn't leave much extra time for glass or dolls. 

Speaking of dolls, I came across this really cool blown glass miniature chemistry set made by glass artist Kiva Ford that I would love to have! I use all of these things in my job and think it would be fun to set up a shot of one of the girls working in the lab just like I do. Glass, dolls and lab techy stuff, how could I go wrong?!

0 comments: