Monday, May 11, 2009

Recent Outings and Belated Happy Mother's Day!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I recently bought this tutorial from one of my favorite lampworkers Cynthia Tilker. She is an incredible artist and I absolutely love her beads and talent! I have been trying my hand at making some of her Keeper beads and let me tell you, it's a lot harder than it looks. My mom loves celestial things so I put a spin of my own on the technique and created a smiling sun for my mom for Mother's Day.

We spent the day in Solvang, California with my parents. It is the half-way point for both of us and we met there for lunch and some shopping. It was a beautiful day and we had a really nice time. I even brought my Blythe doll Shawna with me since I knew it would be a great place to get some pictures of her. No one batted at eyelash when I brought her out, I was afraid they might! I have more pictures over at Flickr!

Earlier this week, my family and I went to the drive-in to see Wolverine and Taken, both excellent movies! I didn't want to go at first because I am more of a chick flick kinda gal but I am glad I did. I really did have a good time. Can you believe there are still some drive-ins in existence? I love going there, it's inexpensive and really casual, no worries about bothering people or them bothering you. Plus you can wear your PJ's!! Once again, I could not resist a photo opportunity and brought Shawna with me, isn't this the cutest picture?

0 comments: